Van Andel Millennial Board
A Vital Campus Connection and Millennial Perspective
The Van Andel Millennial Board is a 14-member student board consisting of one presidentially-selected student from each Michigan Colleges Foundation member campus and was created to engage students and their respective colleges and universities in MCF’s work. An endowed gift from the David and Carol Van Andel Foundation funded the creation of the Van Andel Millennial Board.
By serving as a vital campus link to MCF’s efforts, the Millennial Board helps MCF develop and implement its strategies to attract and retain students in Michigan and to position MCF institutions in the transformation of the state’s economic climate.
The 2011-2012 Van Andel Millennial Board
Megan Vandekerkhove | Adrian College
Casey Hoffman | Albion College
Samantha LaChance | Alma College
Matthew Master | Andrews College
Ashley Werner | Aquinas College
Matt Cambridge | Calvin College
Anthony Manno | Hillsdale College
Courtney Dernberger | Hope College
Ashley Fraley | Hope College
Leonidas Caldwell | Kalamazoo College
Sarah Plewa | Madonna University
Britney Nichols | Marygrove College
Nicole Lamrouex | Olivet College
Lauren Jagger | Siena Heights University
Caitlin Myers | Spring Arbor University
Actively Engaging Our Students
The Millennial Board’s specific objectives are to:
- Educate fellow students on the advantages of living and working in Michigan, via social media strategies, speaker events and campus fairs.
- Support the development and implementation of the MCF Think Michigan Millennial Marketing Campaign, a campus-wide effort to promote the quality of life and career options available in Michigan to MCF students.
- Formulate ideas for new collaborative ventures among students on MCF campuses to build the collective identity of member colleges and universities.
- Advise MCF staff on tools and strategies for student marketing and engagement, especially in the areas of website development and social media.
- Create visibility and engagement on home campuses for ongoing MCF initiatives through special communications, personal networking, and student activities.
- When possible, serve as student ambassadors at MCF local community functions and trustee meetings.